Author Topic: UV Texture Glitch  (Read 2514 times)

Hi, I am experiencing UV distortion working with imported fbx mesh.  Please see attached screencap.  The mesh is exported out of Marvelous Designer in fbx 2016 format.  The distortion is present in both triangulated and quad meshes.  But in fbx 2015/14 export format, the problem disappears.

I have tested the same mesh (fbx 2016) in Marmoset and also in Modo, there is no problem with UV distortion, so I presume the problem is with Substance Painter.  I am using the 2019 2.2 version.  Any help or suggest is much appreciated.

It looks like your UVs are outside of your 0-1 space as well as inside.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

In your UVs inside the 0-1 range you have empty areas, which are filled with padding (see: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/padding-134643719.html). Substance Painter only generates information for the geometry inside the 0-1 UV range, outside the geometry will re-use the texture generated. In your case your UVs happens to read the parts where we there is padding (which gives those stretches).

You will have to modify your UVs here to works properly with Substance Painter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.