Author Topic: How can i keep the pattern but change the texture?  (Read 312 times)

Looks like I posted on wrong discussion page yesterday..  I am trying to find out how can I keep the pattern this big  but change the texture? when I scale the material texture  the pattern gets smaller too..   or like how can I add another texture and use this pattern this big? or how can I just scale  the texture of this material smaller and keep the pattern as big as this? if you have any idea please let me know.. Thanks!!

Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:49:52 pm

You'll want to create a mask and use that to direct where your textures show.

You'll want to create a mask and use that to direct where your textures show.

Thank you! very much for the reply. So here where I am going to create the mask? like creating another fill layer and mask that? Sorry I am kinda new so my question might sound stupid but trying to find out.. or is there anoy tutorial on this subject that I can look for it?

Sorry, I don't know of any tutorials as I don't really seek them out and learn more so by just diving in.

If I was presented with this problem where I wanted to keep the pattern I would export my view and create my mask in another software, then import it back under a fill layer by using a mask with a fill filter on the mask and dropping the mask in.

Example:

With such a mask I can change the colour to anything I want or fill it with another material:

Mask Layer:

How you create your mask depends on the tools you have outside of Painter. The more complex the pattern the more effort required, and having good UVs will make masking much easier to create.

Thank you very much!! for the detailed information. I will try :)

Sorry, I don't know of any tutorials as I don't really seek them out and learn more so by just diving in.

If I was presented with this problem where I wanted to keep the pattern I would export my view and create my mask in another software, then import it back under a fill layer by using a mask with a fill filter on the mask and dropping the mask in.

Example:

With such a mask I can change the colour to anything I want or fill it with another material:

Mask Layer:

How you create your mask depends on the tools you have outside of Painter. The more complex the pattern the more effort required, and having good UVs will make masking much easier to create.