Author Topic: Scripting - Add smart material to object and import map ???  (Read 10874 times)

Hey guys,

I've made a script that allow me to load an OBJ with specific preset based on the project name, load maps and smart material in the shelf and save directly the SPP file to the right folder.

Now I try to assign the smart material to the OBJ and plug the map from the shelf into the albedo of my smart material,
Is it possible, if yes have anybody an idee how?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate.
Lionel.

That's not possible, right now the API doesn't have any functions to manipulate the layer stack.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

thanks, i am thinking about a workaround, is it possible to modifiy the inside of the smart material maybe with the resource updater or something else?
Basically I need 1 smart material with the same structure, and for each assets the new map (they have always the same name) to be loaded in. It doesnt need to be in the layer stack.

I have a mask on each fill layer with a color selection and a the position world as an input, which is automatically updated once I bake the maps.

There must be a workaround  ;D

Hey, Froyok

I think now it is the time to add script for automation. Like Lionel said things.
I need this API too. The meaning is I need to control add layers ,add filter, add mask by script.
Whatever python or JS.

Thanks a lot

Hey folks, I'm developing a tool right now that loads up an FBX and assigns pre-chosen materials to the texture set layers, and I just found out that this is not included in the API via this thread. This seems like.. a serious oversight.

Froyok, what are the chances that this feature will be added in the next few months? Is there any sort of workaround?

Layer stack manipulation via the scripting API is on our To-Do list, but we don't have an ETA for it yet.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.