Author Topic: Substance Subscription Changes: details & FAQ  (Read 240598 times)

Thank you.

@pheonixflame9  Steam should be a good alternative. More often than not if you get your license during one of the numerous sales during the year, you'll get your license for cheaper than you would have on our website.

I'm confused about this part.

All I know is that the perpetual licenses are not being sold anymore, nor will be updated/upgraded to a later version.
What do you mean get one on steam? Are they being updated still after the year?
I already have perpetual licenses on this site, are you saying I should get it on Steam?

I am getting more confused as this goes by. All I know that I want to avoid is losing my perpetual for a measly 50% off for 6 months.

Perpetual on Steam are yearly products. They will give you access to new updates for a full calendar year (January to December). Each new year, a new version is released on Steam as a separate product, we typically give out coupons to buy the new version if you already have the previous year.
In any case, those versions keep working after the year of updates whether you upgrade or not of course.
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:57:07 pm

Is it possible to get a discount on the Steam version for the next year for owning one here?
I used to upgrade every year here where I could, but now I can't here I would be fine with moving over to Steam if it isn't priced too high.

We're looking into it with Valve, hopefully that's something we can do.

We're looking into it with Valve, hopefully that's something we can do.

Thank you, that would make a huge difference if possible.

Hey! I bought a perpetual license back in 2017 and wanted to upgrade my maintenance this year and now I'm on a fence about what to do? Would you suggest to opt-in for another year on substance3d.com or switch to STEAM? The upgrade is way cheaper than the STEAM version so is there any chance that there will be a discount next year to switch to STEAM? Any downsides of renewing maintenance on substance3d (aside from it the last time I can do it).
Subscription is out of the question for me.

If you can renew one last time through our website, I would recommend that unless you really want to go through Steam.

Hi, posting here in case anyone else runs into this situation:
Unfortunately I didn't keep track of my annual subscription & did not realize it would auto-renew. I purchased the subscription last year following the suggestion to do so before October 30, 2020 to lead into the perpetual license purchase + final year of maintenance offered until November 1, 2021.

According to the FAQs and information earlier in the year, we have to go through support in order to purchase our final perpetuals + maintenance from the 2019-2020 subscription as it's deprecated on the site.

Has this changed?

If it is done through the site, I am unable to do so as my subscription has expired today. I've sent emails to contact@substance3d.com.

Would like to confirm in this thread what the correct path forward is.

I very much wish to keep things done through Substance3D and keep Steam out of it.

EDIT: Can confirm support set me up with my maintenance. There was an issue with my subscription that was resolved, thank you very much!
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:26:48 pm

Can I get a perpetual license of Substance Painter and Substance Designer on steam after october 31th of 2020?

Can I get a perpetual license of Substance Painter and Substance Designer on steam after october 31th of 2020?
Yes, perpetual licenses on Steam will still be available.

Yes, perpetual licenses on Steam will still be available.

Can that steam licence be linked to Substance account like before.  I actually thought after Oct 31 2020 it was the end to perpetual no matter where purchased from but it seems thats not the case, its just last chance to upgrade a perpetual licence,

Dan

with my current perpetual plan with Substance Painter, if I choose to upgrade to a subscription, and then cancel my subscription, will I still have access to Painter after the subscription is cancelled, or do I need the subscription active in order to use the software?

Does upgrading to a subscription change your current license or does it give you a new one?

Just did my last Maintenance Renewal ($75 Designer + $75 Painter).  I assume people have until tomorrow (10/31/2020), but I did it today just incase the servers get overloaded.  After these expire I'll probably move on over to the Steam versions.

Thanks Allegorithmic  8) Adobe!

Derek

Hi, so if I buy my perpetual license and then want to get the subscription again can I do so without losing my perpetual license? Thanks!