Author Topic: Substance Subscription Changes: details & FAQ  (Read 6566 times)

Just as I was getting through all the drek in my email...

Hi!

Can You please confirm that I understood FAQ correctly considering my options with subscription-to-perpetual:

With Substance - Indie License started on 2018-11-19 (right now 11 Consecutive transactions) at some point between 20 October 2019 and 31 October 2020 I will need to blow my remaining points on Substance Source and can buy-out perpetual license for Designer+Painter for 49USD for both? Or is it some other sum I need to allocate?

Hi guys -- Jeremie forwarded me to this post. (Thank you Jeremie)

So my problem isn't understanding the licensing, it's more "Where can I find the option to buy out the software after paying in x amount monthly on the Indie subscription?"

I've been scouring the site on my account and I just can't find where to do the whole 'rent-to-own' thing. I've already done the renting, just looking for the owning part. Thanks! :)

@Ankerite You don;t need to spend your Source points, they will still be available indefinitely after you end your subscription.

@blackfordnicholas You will be automatically asked to opt-in the rent to own buyout when you end your subscription if you've had an active sub for 12 months +.

It appears that this question slipped through the cracks. Can some member of staff answer it, please? I think it's a matter of interest to us customers who favor perpetual licensing:

[...] will it be possible to get license key files for the products bought through Steam, just like we can now by going to our "My Account/Licenses" page, and use them to activate the same products, but downloaded and installed from Substance's site? In other words: to use Steam only as a payment gateway, so it isn't necessary to have it running (or even installed) in order to use Substance products.

@Ankerite You don;t need to spend your Source points, they will still be available indefinitely after you end your subscription.[/size]

Hi there, is this true the other way around? If I go from Perpetual license to Subscription, do I still keep any Source points I currently have , or do I need to use them before going subscription?

Many Thanks

Just to clarify:
I have been a subscriber since 2015.  To buy-out I simply click on purchase a perpetual license?
Also will subscriptions still be available in the future should I decide to come back to Substance?
And I have a lot of points saved up.  Will those still be available to use after I get a perpetual license?

Just to clarify:
I have been a subscriber since 2015.  To buy-out I simply click on purchase a perpetual license?
Also will subscriptions still be available in the future should I decide to come back to Substance?
And I have a lot of points saved up.  Will those still be available to use after I get a perpetual license?

Question 1: yes
Question 2: subscriptions are here to stay
Question 3: your points remains your, regardless of what you choose to do.

joc

Hi,

I have a perpetual indie license for Designer and in future I want to use Alchimist too.
What happens with this licence, if I move before December 31st 2019 to annual subscription at a discounted price of $149 and I do not renew the maintenance?
Remains this license perpetual (at the last version of the end of maintenance) and the subscription is a NEW (2.) license or do I loose the perpetual?

Regards Jochen
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:19:29 pm

You will indeed have 2 licenses of SD, one linked to your subscription, and one perpetual.

How long will perpetual licenses be available on Steam?

How long will perpetual licenses be available on Steam?

"How long [place your question here]?" is not something we can answer, as we know the strategy now, but cannot engage on anything we don't know yet (this is true for any company) ;)

Thanks. Will the version on Steam be updated each year or will it stay at the present version? So if I buy it in 2020 will I still have to get the 2019 version?

Hello!

I would like to purchase perpetual license on Steam, do you plan on making Steam sale for 2019 version before 2020 will go live at full price?

I am buying it for now to learn software, hence I would prefer lower price than newer version.

Thank You for answer in advance

First I'd like to thank all moderators for their immense patience answering all questions, especially Vincent.

I also need help regarding new subscription policy, sorry but I could not figure out from the answers in forum what I should do.

I currently have a yearly substance subscription, which I converted in spring to perpetual, but it still shows as active and I do get monthly points. So both subscription and perpetual licences are being displayed as active, ending on 3 December 2019.

I'd like to buy perpetual licences as long as I can and maximize maintenance for them, while also keeping subscription to get the points.

When I click "Upgrade Licences" I can see multiple choices:

- Subscription to Substance - Indie - Annual Plan (from SD)
- Subscription to Substance - Indie - Annual Plan (from SP)
- Upgrade for Substance Designer - Perpetual Indie license
- Upgrade for Substance Painter - Perpetual Indie license

I do not understand why two options for "from SD" and "from SP" - I get it probably means Designer and Painter, but why two separate ones?

Could you please tell me what should I do on 31 October, which licence should I upgrade to own perpetuals for SD and SP as long as I can and also have subscription for the time being?

Thank you very much and, while I'm a bit sad you are now commanded by Adobe, thank you for making such amazing products!

We are not commanded by anybody, except user satisfaction ;)

In your case I believe you purchased an annual subscription, so you paid 12 months in advance.
You cancelled it and purchased perpetual licenses, so:
- the subscription still works up to December 3, as you pre-paid it
- the perpetual starts on the day the subscription ends, so December 3 as well

This means that you have a maintenance, for both subscription and perpetual, up to December 3.
We allow to renew maintenance 1 month in advance, so you will be able to purchase 1 more year of maintenance from November 3.

You don’t need to purchase anything or hurry before October 31, 2018: you can purchase maintenance up to October 31, 2019! So you still have 1 year to purchase maintenance.

I hope it’s clear :)
Director of Product Management & COO