Author Topic: Substance Subscription Changes: details & FAQ  (Read 240876 times)

Am I right that one can a get a perpetual license for the amount of money until 2020 and start a new subscription?
So you would basically own a license perpetually and have Alchemist through subscription after that???

Am I right that one can a get a perpetual license for the amount of money until 2020 and start a new subscription?
So you would basically own a license perpetually and have Alchemist through subscription after that???

To be clear, there won't be any perpetual licenses for Substance Alchemist. For the other perpetual you already have, they are going to remain functional ;)

Sorry if this was already asked. I have an expired maintenance perpetual license for SP and SD if I pay to renew my maintenance for 1 year do I have until October 31 2020 to do that? and if I do renew maintenance at that time will I have updates until October 2021? Also I originally purchased through your website can I renew maintenance on your site up to October 2020 or do I have to go through Steam?

(1) as a perpetual license holder, I can change to subscription for $149/yr if I do it before December 31st 2019. But how long will this discounted rate last? Am I grandfathered in?

(2) How much are the perpetual licenses going to cost on Steam - with regional pricing for the US?

Hi, I'm not sure if this was answered previously, but please, so I can understand...

I've been on the $20/month Painter/Designer subscription since the beginning.

It is my understanding that I need to "obtain" my perpetual licence entitlement now, before it is no longer available - if I'm understanding correctly?

My understanding of my current license is you "pay up" until "full" then you can "cash out" a perpetual license from the full year you paid your subscription - I believe this is correct?

I'd like to obtain a perpetual licence for what I've paid in for this last year, AND also continue my current subscription.

Basically, I'd like to have a license and installer (perpetual) I can use, if I the day ever comes that I do go off Substance subscription, (which I don't currently have plans to do at this point in time), so reiterating, I'd want to remain on my existing subscription?

Is this something I can do, or am I missing something about the license cash out?

I"m hoping I can just download a key for Painter / Designer and just go merrily along (ignoring the $20/month payments) with the existing subscription?

Or do I have to cancel out my existing subscription, get my keys and then restart another Substance subscription???

I'm also another person who will NEVER install Steam on any of my development computers!

I hate the fact that companies view Steam services as a "quick and easy" licensing platform - I don't want Steam on any of my systems - period, not to mention being able to dabble with Painter on my job would be a NO GO when trying to access the Steam gaming platform from my workplace network...

Any clarification on what I'd like to do with my license is appreciated since November is right around the corner.

All I want to do is grab my latest Painter/Designer perpetual keys, and continue on with my existing subscription for access to the other tools as I'm doing today...

Thanks!

-Will

After reading this thread fully, I think I have a better understanding now.

1. So long as you've subscribed to substance before Nov. 2019, you will be able to exercise your option to purchase perpetual licenses up to October 31st, 2020.

Meaning, those of us already subscribed DO NOT NEED to purchase perpetual licenses NOW but can choose to do so until October 31st, 2020.

I like to remind my coworkers when software stops offering perpetual licenses. So I'm clear before I remind them,

2. If someone starts subscribing as late as October 31st, 2019, they will have the option of purchasing perpetual licenses up to October, 31st 2020?

Thank you,
John

A question.  When I joined, the deal was that I paid $X for 2 years then I got the indie software, period.  I am presuming that Allegorithmic/Adobe has arbitrarily changed this contract on their own?

Please advise.
Kendall

Until just the other day perpetual licenses were offered on this website for Designer, Painter, and Bitmap2Material.

Today I checked, looking to purchase the $99 license for Bitmap2Material and found this instead:

[Update] after submitting the form, I received a response with a link to the purchase in question.

Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:35:44 am

A quick question to clarify things up for me a bit since I'm still somewhat confused regarding the steam perpetual licenses:

Is there going to be a Substance Painter/Designer 2020 version released on steam this year?

if no, how long will the 2019 version be available?

Thank you.

It's was a sad day when allegorithmic sold out to Adobe. Now it's only getting worse when we read greedy news like this. At least Chaos Group is still a value and repsectful company.

A quick question to clarify things up for me a bit since I'm still somewhat confused regarding the steam perpetual licenses:

Is there going to be a Substance Painter/Designer 2020 version released on steam this year?

if no, how long will the 2019 version be available?

Thank you.
We will have a 2020 version on Steam for our next batch of releases. 2019 versions will be updated until the end of the year as well (and plus if we have hotfix versions).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

If I renew my perpetual maintenance now, it will be valid till 1. november 2020, right ? Will I be able to renew it before it expires, lets say somewhen in october 2020, to get another year of mainentance before you stop selling it?

Hi,

I'm a current substance customer. I just bought my substance subscription(Indie License) on 31 October 2019. I read here in the forum that the option to get perpetual license after 12 months of subscription ends on November 2019. Is this true? Since I bought my subscription exactly on the 31st of October 2019(United Kingdom date - I purchased my license here in the UK), will I have the option to buy the perpetual license after 12 months of subscription? When exactly will I have the option to get the perpetual license, "the rent to own" option that was listed on your website before? and how much?

You only mentioned painter and designer. What about substance B2M will I be able to get a perpetual license for that too after that 12 months period?

I look forward to hear from you as soon as possible

Thanks

Hi Vincent! - thanks for the update. I would like to clarify one part please :)
"If you own a perpetual Indie license and wish to move to annual subscription before December 31st 2019, you get a discounted price at $149 (instead of $219)."
Is this price just for the one year, and after one year you are back to the full annual price - or do you keep that renewal price?
Thank you!

We are not commanded by anybody, except user satisfaction ;)

In your case I believe you purchased an annual subscription, so you paid 12 months in advance.
You cancelled it and purchased perpetual licenses, so:
- the subscription still works up to December 3, as you pre-paid it
- the perpetual starts on the day the subscription ends, so December 3 as well

This means that you have a maintenance, for both subscription and perpetual, up to December 3.
We allow to renew maintenance 1 month in advance, so you will be able to purchase 1 more year of maintenance from November 3.

You don’t need to purchase anything or hurry before October 31, 2018: you can purchase maintenance up to October 31, 2019! So you still have 1 year to purchase maintenance.

I hope it’s clear :)

Did you mean "You don’t need to purchase anything or hurry before October 31, 2019: you can purchase maintenance up to October 31, 2020! So you still have 1 year to purchase maintenance."

I'm about to convert my annual into a perpetual, my license was bought November 27, 2018 and it says it ends on December 5th, 2019

Do I need to convert mine to Perpetual before the 5th?  And will I be able to buy maintenance on SP and SD separately at 75 each$