Author Topic: Substance Team and Communication  (Read 946 times)

Why is it so hard to get any information out of the Substance team? I thought this merger with Adobe was going to give you guys the resources that you needed to get things done?

On almost every board on the forum there is questions with no answers.
Substance Source - how long until the next drop? we were told "soon" three weeks ago
3ds Max plugin - For month we were told "couple weeks", "soon", "next week" when we finally got it it had limited functionality. Now they're telling us "soon" for an updated plugin, and have been for months.
Substance CC or anything to do with Adobe merger - We've been more than patient and you've had more than enough time on this. Are you adding Substance to the CC subscription? I already have a CC subscription, and I'm very very hesitant to give you more money until I know whats going on. Everyone who isn't a major developer is sitting in limbo waiting for some clarification.

So what's going on?

Why is it so hard to get any information out of the Substance team? I thought this merger with Adobe was going to give you guys the resources that you needed to get things done?

On almost every board on the forum there is questions with no answers.
Substance Source - how long until the next drop? we were told "soon" three weeks ago
3ds Max plugin - For month we were told "couple weeks", "soon", "next week" when we finally got it it had limited functionality. Now they're telling us "soon" for an updated plugin, and have been for months.
Substance CC or anything to do with Adobe merger - We've been more than patient and you've had more than enough time on this. Are you adding Substance to the CC subscription? I already have a CC subscription, and I'm very very hesitant to give you more money until I know whats going on. Everyone who isn't a major developer is sitting in limbo waiting for some clarification.

So what's going on?

Hi James,

For the 3ds max plugin, are you referring to issues with Corona? Just for context, please let me know the issues you are having with the plugin and I can speak with the devs about this.

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks for the reply, Wes. The issue I'm having with the plugin is the lack of communication regarding the status of said plugin. Thanks for offering to speak to the devs about it. I recommend also posting your findings in the 3ds Max forum because there is a lot of people wanting to know the same.