Author Topic: Creating custom substances for Painter.  (Read 5566 times)

I have managed to create some custom substances and got them working in Painter,  but I am not sure how the "Previous Blend"  attribute is being created in Substance Designer. 

I am not able to open a painter .sbsar to see how it is done,  can anyone explain how this attribute is being created please?

I would like to add blend modes to the substances so that I can stack them in Painter and have them work together.

much appreciated.

Here is the sbs of one of the mask generators, you can use this as a template for creating your own.

thanks Jeremie.
May I ask if you could also provide the .sbs files for some matfx, because I couldn't find out what all the extra alpha inputs and outputs are for. I loaded the matfx rust weathering .sbsar file into designer and saw all those extra inputs and outputs and got confused. but I could not graph the network inside as I was missing the .sbs file.

I have managed to create some custom substances and got them working in Painter,  but I am not sure how the "Previous Blend"  attribute is being created in Substance Designer. 

I am not able to open a painter .sbsar to see how it is done,  can anyone explain how this attribute is being created please?

I would like to add blend modes to the substances so that I can stack them in Painter and have them work together.

much appreciated.

Hi,

Here is a video that shows how to create the blending modes in Designer for Substance Painter effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86woLDI_py0

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

would still love to get those sbs files. any chances of that happening?

BUMP.
I'd still love to get my hands on the .sbs files for substance painter effects.
A video tutorial on making custom matfx would be also cool.

Here is a sample of the effects shipped with SP:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9804576/Effects.zip

Thanks. You guys are awesome.

This tutorial was really well made and understood. Right now I am using a custom substance for creating curvature maps inside of painter, though it works on the base colour channel, I am also trying to get it to work on the roughness channel using the normal map of my choice, but to no avail...I just tested a new set up and went back to my original setup where the curvature worked in the base colour. What am I doing wrong in this process? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. I had to make sure I was using a fill layer in the roughness

Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:55:57 pm

Here is a sample of the effects shipped with SP:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9804576/Effects.zip

just opened them and as usefull as they are, I'd like to disect one of the matfx ones that uses all the extra alpha inputs and outputs like the rust weathering one for example. That would be super helpful as I cannot get my head around it to understand how to set this up without seeing the graph.

Are there any plans to ship the original sbs files with future releases of painter. I can't really understand why not as there are all of the sbs files that come with designer.

Here it is. We will hip the .sbs in the near future but we have some adjustments to make on the effect system first.

thanks. now that I finally see what is inside I see a lot clearer.