Author Topic: The SVG node.  (Read 499 times)

I'm trying to make a simple pattern from a tile at my Grammie's house.

So I made a vector image in Photoshop and Illustrator (this was an undertaking as well) but I finally got it!

But when I use the SVG node in Designer I get unpredictable results. Surely this my fault. What am I doing wrong here?

I've looked through these forums:
https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,30693.0.html
https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,17727.0.html
but I can't seem to figure it out.

just dragging your image into a graph as a greyscale bitmap and using it in the flood fill node gave me "perfect" results.
no need to mess with the svg node for that?

Thank you for the speedy reply divi.cig. I want to be able to have the scalability of a vector and in the future I want to use more vector images. I want to know how to use the svg node correctly. I need the knowledge. Where did I make a mistake? I really appreciate your insight!  :)

I think the node only recognizes shapes, not individual edges.
I don't have any vector software installed at the moment, but there should be ways to convert edges to solid shapes.
Esger van der Post.
Texturing addict.

Yes Eggfruit. I think that may be the case. I'm updating a driver on my machine and I'm going to try that out here in a sec. I really appreciate your input on that. This has a been a real headache

Well it's kind of working for me. I would think making SVGs would be less time consuming for a simple pattern like this but it's been a lot of work just to figure this much out. I wish there were more visible resources for using vectors in designer. If anyone has any tips for an Illustrator to Designer workflow (now both Adobe properties) please let me know.

Thank you for all the help!

Keep in mind that designer only works with pixels. An imported svg will be converted to pixels.
So the only benefits are a smaller file size then using a bitmap and that you can raise the resolution without issues.

The simplest workflow is to export your svg as bitmap at the maximum resolution you expect to use and import this in designer.
Esger van der Post.
Texturing addict.

You’re totally right. :) how do I mark this thing as solved?