Author Topic: Transfering newer Substance Designer graph to older version, is it possible?  (Read 220 times)

Hello!

So I’m a university student, and I unfortunately goofed a little and was wondering if there is a possible way to fix my error. So I installed the newest version of Designer on my home PC 2019.2.1 however my university runs the 2019.1.2 version. I now cannot access project in uni at all and was wondering if there is a way for me to somehow transfer the whole graph from one version to another. (I already checked engine compatibility and according to it my graph is fine all the way up to v4 engine so I don’t think I;m using any of the newer notes). I would love to know if there is a way as I did do approximately 5 to 6 hours of work and coping each note 1 by 1 will be extremely taxing/time taking for me and I would love to avoid it if possible.

The file format compatibility is not necessarily linked to the engine version: we regularly change/optimize/fix issues in the data structure of the sbs file that breaks the compatibility.

In the case of the 2019.2 we have transformed (among other things) the "split points" to "dot nodes".

It is technically possible to "revert" the file format when your file does not contain any element that should be affected by the format update. In such case you just have to change the file version and updater version in the header of the sbs file (just open it in a text editor).
You can open a 2019.1 file to see what value you should use.

Do that at your own risk ;)
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

OMG! That worked thank you so much Nicolas, you save me a lot of trouble!