Author Topic: Low resolution texture  (Read 166 times)

Hi, I work with Zbrush / RizomUV / Substance painter (2019.1.0), and I modelized a wall, a simply wall, but when I apply a concrete texture in this wall, it's a really low resolution, I did some researchs, and people talks about Texel density, but I don't know how to change it in Zbrush or rizomUV, can someone help me ? :'(

If you're dealing with a wall you don't need to lay your UVs out like an unfolded box. Only key spots and visible areas of the mesh should occupy majority of your UV space.

I would make a small strip for the top and bottom and sides, and stack the UV for the wall (front and back) - offset if you need to bake. This will give you the most texel density.

Example:

You also need to factor in the limitations of using resolution fixed textures for larger objects. This is why for anything environment based I create seamless materials and blend by vertex masking so there is no resolution issue. Other objects might require more than one texture map for a good quality look. It all depends on what you want and where the asset is going.

I have no experience in RizomUV but you just need to grab the UV islands and position and scale as needed.