Author Topic: 3D view PBR Shaders  (Read 950 times)

Here is my mac details:

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
Processor  2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I'm loving the software but I have real problems being able to render PBR materials, even on the default prim cube. Every time I tick that box under materials > shader> physically based ...the software freezes on me.  ;)

It would mean the world to me to be able to see my materials in that 3D view with something more than blin. I know my computer isn't the latest but it does meet the minimum requirements stated. Right now I just go by my experience to tell what the different maps should look like because I can't see it in 3d view.

I tried turning off post processing and turning it down to 1024px max in the 3d preferences but so far no luck.

Even if I create an empty file with minimum resolution and try and view it in 3d with PBR it has the same result.

Is it possible I have a missing driver or something? What more can I do to make this work?  :-[

We are currently working on these issues that only seem to happen with older AMD graphics.

Just a quick note because it might help you guys and anyone else in the same situation.

I fixed this issue. It was not the graphics card - it was the operating system. If you have an older version of OSX you should definitely consider updating to Mavericks! ;)

I updated to OSX 10.9.3 which my research told me had the newer openGL and all is well now.  8)