Author Topic: Setting up Substance to work with Perforce  (Read 4243 times)

I am trying to setup Perforce with Substance Designer and keep getting the attached error when checking out and running an .sbs file in P4V. I have also included a screen grab of my Substance Version Control settings (which could be the main reason its not working).

Thanks,
Austin Reed

The different actions in this window have to be hooked to scripts calling p4v, not to p4v directly.

See the doc about version control in the User Guide through the Help menu.

This allows SD to be compatible with any version control system and not only P4 specifically.

Jeremie,

I followed the tutorial in the docs and the version control option is greyed out when I go to save my substance file. I've attached my screen shots similar to those shown in the help doc. For some reason I am getting file:///D:/Perforce/Unreal4_wSubstance in my preferences version path in Substance Designer. Is that normal?

Thanks,
Austin Reed

I added the interpreter so that it sees the p4.exe and now can add files to perforce when I click the add button. However I don't see how to checkout, submit or revert changes from Substance to Perforce. Feel like I am still missing a step.

Thanks,
Austin Reed

I installed the latest version of Python and everything seems to be working now. Especially the checking in aspect, but when I submit it back to Perforce through substance my message does not appear and it doesn't really submit it or check it back in. Do I still need to submit it in P4V or is there a way to bypass it and do everything within Substance Designer (check in/out, submit, revert changes, etc)?