Author Topic: Procedual brick-wall question(s)  (Read 1667 times)

hello,

I try to create some procedual brick-wall and I can not find a way to break up the brick´s shape a bit.
They are generated too "perfect" by the generator. So I tried to change the fx-maps settings inside "Brick 3 generator" - but it´s locked  ???

So, what else to do? Start over with another brick-generator?

I am going for a look, a bit more towards "Wall2"..

Cheers!

hello,

I try to create some procedual brick-wall and I can not find a way to break up the brick´s shape a bit.
They are generated too "perfect" by the generator. So I tried to change the fx-maps settings inside "Brick 3 generator" - but it´s locked  ???

So, what else to do? Start over with another brick-generator?

I am going for a look, a bit more towards "Wall2"..

Cheers!

Hi,

You can use a warp to break up the edges of the brick. First, take the brick generator and make a copy with the luminance variation at zero. This will give a you mask. Then place this into the warp node and use a grunge map as the gradient input.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hey Wes,

kind of cool ;)

I tried with Directional-warp, but didi not get a usable result...

Thanks, now I can finish this red-brick-wall...

Btw found Bricks001 for free PBR Substances.. pretty much, what I was looking for, hehehe

Cheers!

hi,
i digged out the old thread cause my problem is very similar.

the above effect is visualy cool but wrong in some respect.
the point is by simply warping the pattern the mortar bleeds over the stone which is what i want,
but the stone also bleeds over the mortar which is impossible and looks wrong.

i try to find a way to just have the mortar bleeding over the stone.
to make it clear ..the distortion of the mortar lines between the stones should only make it bigger in a radom way but not smaller.

any ideas in terms of graphs?

cheers:)

Maybe you can try to blend the warped brick mask with the original non-warped brick mask, using the "min" blend operator. That should ensure that only the mortar grows.