Author Topic: NVLINK memory pooling on dual Titan RTX  (Read 525 times)

In what areas of Designer would an NVLINK memory-pooled dual Titan RTX system benefit over a single GTX 1080? (The current package/graph took hours to render, but never generally saturated the GPU, VRAM, CPU, nor RAM {never generally more than 50% across those resources}. Then for exporting the bitmaps, it did another background render before writing the files to disk. i7-5960x HT 3.8GHz sustained, 32GB)
Problems with my settings, or my system, else?

This is a great question, i was also wondering if there are any benefits in using NVLINK since it looks like Substance Designer eats VRAM above everything else and we're looking for specs to build a system that's able to batch bake a lot of high res textures and that keeps running continuousely

This is a great question, i was also wondering if there are any benefits in using NVLINK since it looks like Substance Designer eats VRAM above everything else and we're looking for specs to build a system that's able to batch bake a lot of high res textures and that keeps running continuousely
Seriously, right?! We can't be the only ones interested in this with the familiarity sufficient to be hitting the forums about it, can we?!