Author Topic: Resources corruption  (Read 459 times)

Hi there,
My scene doesn't have any problems when saving or working with it, but I constantly get error messages in the log, like this one:

[Hdf5Archive] Archive '*Scene_RA_01.spp' appears to be corrupted. Cannot read 'resources/0aca33c8910793d78c7bc0ff1bfa6ca3677a8783'

As I said, the file saves OK, but I'm afraid of it getting corrupted in the future.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I do recommend you locate and delete the resource as it can indeed corrupt your project.

If it is a resource imported to your shelf (not the project), you need to rename your user shelf which by default can be found in Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/shelf. You can change the name of this shelf to whatever you like. If after that you are no longer experiencing the problem, it means it is one of the resources in your shelf. To locate it you could try re-importing them to your current shelf by groups of 10, to see in which batch is the resource causing trouble.

If it is in this specific project, then you may need to export the resources (if you still need them)and then delete them from the project, and re-import to see which one is the problematic one.

Hope that helps!
Valeria Gerontopoulos
QA Analyst

Thank you for your help. I'll try to debug the project that way when have time for it.
It would be great if you could just select the error in the log window and it select the ofending resource. Much easier to debug.