Author Topic: Crap, did I make a mistake buying this?  (Read 3355 times)

Just purchased the Indie pack 20 minutes ago after hearing from the Allegorithmic guys when they visited Gnomon School in LA recently. Installed Painter and I'm getting a display issue, control issues and for some reason, I cannot exit full screen mode. It's also crashed a couple of times.

It's looks great, I just want to be able to use it.

iMac mid 2011 27 in.
Yosemite
16 GB's ram

**UPDATE**

While there are still display anomalies, going into full screen mode seemed to be the cause of most of my problems
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:08:53 pm

Yes, we are aware of issues with full screen mode on Mac and are looking into it.

That title is so over the top. not needed.  Specially when you know that these almost update every week. You should/could read the forum before you post stuff like this. its all addressed before.  :o
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muezli.com with yoghurt and lots of fresh fruits.

That title is so over the top. not needed.  Specially when you know that these almost update every week. You should/could read the forum before you post stuff like this. its all addressed before.  :o

Its not over the top to expect software to work properly. Better than this at least.

But you are right, being version 1.0.1, I should have known better than to pay to become a beta tester. I mean seriously, there are grammatical errors in the UI. QA anyone?

Right. Name me ONE 2 or 3D app with out errors. Autodesk or Adobe anyone. Starting from 1000 till 10000 dollars. And just 15 years in the game.   Get real and ease up::)

Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:05:01 am
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muezli.com with yoghurt and lots of fresh fruits.

Let it go man

But you are right, being version 1.0.1, I should have known better than to pay to become a beta tester. I mean seriously, there are grammatical errors in the UI. QA anyone?
Believe me, this is the least of the issues with the Painter. Anyway there is no such a thing as a bugs-free software unless it's been out for decades like Photoshop, and still sometimes we hit a wall on new features on that as well :)

Allegorithmic is a reliable firm employing very competent people, so your money is as safe as in a bank.

Sure... they are slow to answer, and that pisses me off when I need an answer... like right now indeed to export to Unity... but they are French... they take their time valuing quality of life over money... can't fault that either :)

Cheer up!
Pino  8)

@Pino: Not sure what "being French" implies in your mind really (on top of the fact that there are several nationalities in the company). Please keep this kind of outdated clichés for yourself, I will not accept that in this forum. I know you are trying to help us with jdouglas' feedback, but this was quite clumsy.

@jdouglas: sorry to hear that you are not happy with your purchase, you can contact us directly and we will take care of that.
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

France is awesome.....not as awesome as Allegorithmic though.... :)

Sure... they are slow to answer, and that pisses me off when I need an answer... like right now indeed to export to Unity...

Hi,

I'm just looking at our stats, and 60% of the emails we receive on our contact form (contact@allegorithmic.com) are answered within less than 8 hours. And 85% within less than 24 hours. I wouldn't call it "slow" :)

On the forum it's however a bit different, as we cannot monitor all the topics/questions all the time, so it may take a bit longer.
So if you want to make sure to get an answer within a short timeframe, the best way is to write at contact@allegorithmic.com.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

@Pino: Not sure what "being French" implies in your mind really (on top of the fact that there are several nationalities in the company). Please keep this kind of outdated clichés for yourself, I will not accept that in this forum. I know you are trying to help us with jdouglas' feedback, but this was quite clumsy.

@jdouglas: sorry to hear that you are not happy with your purchase, you can contact us directly and we will take care of that.

@Sebastien Deguy and @Nicolas Liatti
I own a lot of software and over many years.  Rest easy that you guys still provide the best and quickest turnaround on not only replies, but in getting fixes out.  jdouglas made an exciting purchase and has run into some issues.  We have all been there before when buying something new, especially in this industry where we push the limits so often.  Keep doing what you are doing.

@jdouglas, chat with the guys above as they suggested.  They will try their best to get you happy again :).

Thank you sir
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic