Author Topic: AO weird artifacts  (Read 1218 times)

Hi,

I have problem with baking AO. Mesh is really simple, but I can't get even shadow distribution.
I've tried to unwrap UV by flat mapping, than by hand, tried to export as a single mesh then as a separate, I've tried to change parameters in bake window but still I've been getting similar final result.
I work in Substance Painter 2017.3.0 and meshes are done in 3ds max. This time i need only AO map.
I have no idea what can i change to get this AO bake properly.

Please attach a log file : https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/exporting-the-log-file-128745475.html

Can you show your UVs as well ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Below is UV layout. This time it was done automatically by flat mapping.
There is also whole mesh view.
In attachment you'll find log file.

What are your baking settings ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I've tried to change everything and result was different but still have some similarities - front of mesh was not evenly light I mean shadowed.
For this example probably I used default setting and baked only AO map with defaults. Used only low poly mesh without using it as a high poly.

Given the current information, I would say it's a resolution or UVs issue. It looks like some of your UV shells are very, very small and therefore only have a few pixels available to compute information. That's why your first screenshot looks like this.
-----------