Author Topic: Need help with Match by Mesh Name  (Read 868 times)

Hey guys, I hope someone can help me out here. I've been trying to find the fix to this problem for a couple of days now. I'm hoping somebody can help guide me in the right direction.

I'm using Painter 2018.3.3

I'm trying to bake my High Res Mesh onto my Low Res. For some reason painter is telling me that the Highpoly scene could not be loaded. This only happens when I try to "Match" "by Mesh Name." If I run the baking process with "Match" set to "Always" the Highpoly scene loads just fine. I'm positive that the naming conventions are correct, but I'm still suspicious that the naming could be the problem (since "Always" runs the Bake).

Some of the parts are close to each other and "by Mesh Name" would be really useful.

I should probably also mention that in Maya I'm selecting all of the objects and choosing, "Export Selection." Then exporting an FBX file for all the low res mesh objects.

Baking Wizard with "by Mesh Name"

Texture Sets

High Res Files

Low Res naming convention in Maya

Baking Wizard with "Always" set

Results with "Always" set

The FBX file has it's own name. Not sure it matters, but it's Slig_LowRes_WiP01
Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:41:39 pm

I'm so excited right now. I just found my issue. I never turned off the "Grp" button in ZBrush before exporting. Turned that off on all of the subtools and that solved the issue right there.  ;D