Author Topic: Substance Sbsar lower res?  (Read 3993 times)

When i export to sbsar and import into substance player or even any sd or sp. I get a lower resolution than what i would look like at 4k i have graph as relative to parent and at 256. I dont think im doing anything wrong. You can tell its lower res cause some detail on roughness dont show up.

you don't do anything wrong if you are in relative to parent (x1).

in the expression "relative to parent", the parent is the 'hosting application' (it can be Substance Designer, Unity, the Substance Player, etc...)

so it means that the Substance material size with be relative to what you set in the hosting app: if you are in relative to parent * 1, and you set the size to 1024, in Unity, the Substance file will adapt its size to 1024

you don't do anything wrong if you are in relative to parent (x1).

in the expression "relative to parent", the parent is the 'hosting application' (it can be Substance Designer, Unity, the Substance Player, etc...)

so it means that the Substance material size with be relative to what you set in the hosting app: if you are in relative to parent * 1, and you set the size to 1024, in Unity, the Substance file will adapt its size to 1024

The graph i put doesnt upscale, the roguhness is wrong there should be some scratches but dont show up i look at the roguhness in 2d and i  dont see the marks of the scratches. And it says its at 4k

is it possible to get the hands on the original graph?

Did on the first post here it is again

Something is wrong for sure im getting lower resolution in UE4. Something is up with the sbsar idk if its in my end. But i doing everything like i used to do 'Relative to Parent' all node. And when i export to sbsar im getting lower resolution. Looks different in substance player and UE4 this sbsar i did quickly. Also why is the metallic red in the output for UE4?

Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:17:47 pm