Author Topic: User interface is using the wrong font; very hard to read.  (Read 2263 times)

I installed Painter on a new machine, and the user interface is displaying with the wrong font.

Any help on how to resolve this will be appreciated.

It looks like an issue with Windows 10 default font.
Could you open Windows Registry (regedit) and navigate to the following key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

I would like to be sure it's content match the following image :

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yes, all the Segoe keys are identical. I have the same issue in Designer, but not any other software.

Other software may not use the Operating System font like we do. Unfortunately at the moment we are dependent of the system and the font available, which means there is likely an issue somewhere in how those fonts are installed in your system.

We will be able to circumvent that because we plan on using a custom font in the application in the future. Therefore the problem will disappear at that moment, but right now there not much we can do.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Other software may not use the Operating System font like we do. Unfortunately at the moment we are dependent of the system and the font available, which means there is likely an issue somewhere in how those fonts are installed in your system.

We will be able to circumvent that because we plan on using a custom font in the application in the future. Therefore the problem will disappear at that moment, but right now there not much we can do.

Ok. The only thing not standard about my system is the default language was set as Chinese, although I quickly changed it to English.