Author Topic: Loss of details and crispness in only one texture set after update  (Read 1257 times)

So I was returning to this project I haven't worked on in 4 months and installed the new update not long ago, when I loaded it up I noticed that it was only on the floor part that I had lost a lot of details and crispness, as well as having the height on it reversed in some layers. Plus whenever I load it up at 4k now it chuggs my computer insanely, even after making a copy of the file and removing all other texture sets except the affected one.

It is even uneven at some parts, I can see clear crispness at small parts, but for most of it it does look like a 1k texture instead of a 2k, and then like a 2k when it is 4k. I remember that it was a lot clearer in details 4 months ago. I did update the mesh to remove an annoying seam just now, but that shouldn't have affected it as I see the old version with the seam is still lacking the details. Textures like the dirt and concrete deterioration of the floor have gotten like blurred and lack any form of crispness and detail it had before.

Sadly I do not have a closeup image of the old crisp and detailed version, only from a bit afar, but here are some images on the new downgraded one.

Old:

New - 2k resolution showing clear jaggedness that didn't exist prior:

New - 4k resolution, jaggedness till there:

This is driving me a bit confused, and I would rather not spend all that time remaking this part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!   :)
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:26:10 pm

I don't know why or how, but hings seems to be working as they should now, I played around with the settings, added some new dirt layers and such - and somehow it is now fixed when I went over to 4k! Big thanks anyways y'all!  :D

Just an added tip and I always do this. Never convert any project files to a new version, always make a copy and use that one just because there are some cases I've seen on the forums were projects got messed up without a fix.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Just an added tip and I always do this. Never convert any project files to a new version, always make a copy and use that one just because there are some cases I've seen on the forums were projects got messed up without a fix.

Oh! That is quite scary! Big thanks for the headsup friend!  :o

Oh! That is quite scary! Big thanks for the headsup friend!  :o

I've been using Painter for over a year now and upgraded many times, never happened to me personally... I've just seen posts about it. :) But I do this anyhow as a personal practice. Better to be safe than sorry!
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)