Author Topic: Blue Screen when working in 4K/8K  (Read 605 times)

I'm having the same issue. It always occurs for me when working with 4k or higher. Switching to 4k on a texture set, switching texture sets to one that's in 4k already, or trying to export textures in 4k or 8k, every time I do this I roll the dice on a blue screen. I'm on the final stages of a project where I'm adding detail and going back and forth between Painter and Maya so I'm blue screening several times a day.
I've tried turning off hardware acceleration but there's no difference other than worse performance.

I didn't have this issue with the last version of Painter, so I'm going to try rolling back. The problem is that the project I'm working on has been saved in the newer version so I don't know if I'll be able to open it once I go back.

This is really getting in the way of my work, I can't reliably get anything done. Not only is this wasting my time with crashes, it sometimes results in corrupt files, wasting my time redoing work.

I split your message into a new topic as it sounds like a different issue than the original post.

Could you attach a log file ? See : https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/exporting-the-log-file-128745475.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.