Author Topic: Merge Texture Sets, When?  (Read 19938 times)

I have spent the best part of my day trying to figure out a way to export my textures as one.
I have many sets and many channels and it's a real waste to export all dozens of them when I could merge all the sets as one at export.

I tried everything:
 -ID Maps : Painter can't bake an ID map from sets, and even if it did, it would create multiple ones for each set anyway and take into account the sets separately.
 -I baked one externally but couldn't properly translate all my previous work to it.
 -Tried Photoshop export plugin: It didn't export any alpha mask for me to blend the set textures (plugin development seems dead).
 -Tried some plugins, same output, no proper blending.
 -Even tried a standalone app that claims it merges SP sets, but no luck.

I'm at the end of my rope here, I'm running out of my deadline, so I guess I'll just have to export 30+ textures and hook em all up even though they all fit in one single UV space.

I read here previously that this is an issue you're investigating, but this was like 2 years ago, and I did't find anything else about it since.

Any hope you're working on this, it just seems very high priority basic feature for me.

-Sam

Assign single material to your model before exporting it into Painter. Then you have single texture space and it all exports as one image. You may even be able to rescue the work done by saving smart materials before making a new project and importing those into the new model with masks.

Assign single material to your model before exporting it into Painter. Then you have single texture space and it all exports as one image. You may even be able to rescue the work done by saving smart materials before making a new project and importing those into the new model with masks.

It's because I have many different translucent parts, and if I make just one alpha-blended material it won't render properly in my renderer because of classic alpha sorting issues.