Author Topic: glTF export caing texture overload  (Read 610 times)

Hey there,

since I counldn't figure this out, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything important..

When I export an glTF file from Substance Painter it always creates more textures than actually needed, even when I exclude them in the material.
One simple example is about base color:
I'd expect to receive just the material entry for the base color factor, but instead it creates a fullsize, unicolor image and the according entries in the images array and the material telling the index.

The same thing happens for properties not specifically set in Painter, e.g. Emission, OMR. It will always create empty default maps. It even creates unicolor NormalMap textures for every single material, massively cluttering the list of images in the glTF.

So my question: Is there a way to prevent the creation of those maps during export and rather write values or defaults in the glTF instead? Manuell deleting them from the file afterwards isn't an option for more complex assets..

Thanks already for the answers.

Right now it's not possible to personalize the GLTF export preset, but thanks for the feedback, this will be useful if we work again on it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.