Author Topic: So Really No Way To Paint Across Multi texture Sets Seamlessly?  (Read 2035 times)

Is there any work around or is my only option is to switch back to Mari for such production? I am confused, this is one of the fundamental aspect of having multiple UDIMs in VFX for large assets. I am having a hard time believing this is still not implemented or am I missing something here. Some please tell me there is some way to achieve this in Painter?

Yeah you'll need to just go back to Mari. Painting across sets has been "in the works" for longer than Avatar 2 and given the now slowed to a crawl pace of feature updates (Hello Painter 2019.2, big summer update with zero new features just a speed improvement on baking so it's finally as fast as Marmoset has been since 2017) I would not hold my breath for this feature ever happening, especially given the track record on updates from their parent company.
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:55:21 am

I remember some posting a while ago about this feature happening 'soon'. Whatever that means. Has (presumably) been in the works for several years, so I won't count on this happening anytime 'soon' at all.

Given the fact that I don't even own a RTX card, I am not too impressed with the summer update either...

especially given the track record on updates from their parent company.

This can't have to do with anything. We anticipated it upon reveal of the aquisition, but ... no, nothing.
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:10:22 am

Strange how the film industry has embraced Substance Painter while arguably one of the most important features is still absent.

pws

Strange how the film industry has embraced Substance Painter while arguably one of the most important features is still absent.
As it seems, UDIM support is available in a closed beta group right now...

https://www.substance3d.com/blog/here-are-big-announcements-substance-day-siggraph-2019?
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:58:13 pm