Author Topic: Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family (Part2)  (Read 27714 times)

There was probably some misunderstanding, If your maintenance ended in November 2018, you were entitled to major updates until that date and to minor updates after that cutoff date until the next major update is released (2019.1).

If you get a new maintenance now, you will get access to all updates until May 3rd 2020 for example.

Your perpetual/maintenance license is separate from any subscription, if you stop your sub later on, you will still be able to use your perpetual.

A few questions more...

We want to get to perpetual after our subscription is fulfilled.
1- How does it work to get more updates without subscription? Can we get an update after, let's say, one year?
And are there points for substances to download included again? How many?
2- We are interested in Alchemist. Do we need another subsciption to start this one or is it included in the standard subscription we have? Can we buy it perpetually?

A few questions more...

We want to get to perpetual after our subscription is fulfilled.
1- How does it work to get more updates without subscription? Can we get an update after, let's say, one year?
And are there points for substances to download included again? How many?
2- We are interested in Alchemist. Do we need another subsciption to start this one or is it included in the standard subscription we have? Can we buy it perpetually?

Please drop us an email so we can see what applies in your specific case: contact@allegorithmic.com

I posted a thread about subscription expiry messages in the titlebar and how it affects my usage of the software. It's been a while but no one replied to that thread.

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,28737.0.html

I would really appreciate a response from adobe/allegorithmic on this.

Hey Allegorithmic, what do you think of joining such a company?

https://80.lv/articles/adobe-users-they-can-get-sued-for-using-old-versions-of-photoshop/?fbclid=IwAR20u613fGzB8vfAbgCjNRl1kf7arhvGn0YGd-QbIkWI1q8v5E9ZfRqKu_4

Hey, not much we can legally said about it. Sadly this is a really "cold" message, which gives legal information in a neutral manner on purpose. What I can focus on (because I have seen many people making the mistake) is the last line: "you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties". Adobe itself does not want to threaten or sue anyone: we provide the information we have to provide as the date of today.

Once again, sorry if it doesn't give any clear answer but we have some legal rules to respect.
Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:02:06 am

I posted a thread about subscription expiry messages in the titlebar and how it affects my usage of the software. It's been a while but no one replied to that thread.

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,28737.0.html

I would really appreciate a response from adobe/allegorithmic on this.

Yeah it's pretty annoying getting nagged by software I paid for (not a trial).