Author Topic: New substance designer nodes - sbsars won't import into unity  (Read 4340 times)

After trying to get a shader into unity multiple times, I realised that using the new nodes (notably the multi-directional warp) mean the sbsar files exported from designer won't import into unity, will there be a fix for this soon?

After trying to get a shader into unity multiple times, I realised that using the new nodes (notably the multi-directional warp) mean the sbsar files exported from designer won't import into unity, will there be a fix for this soon?

Hi,

Can you send me the sbsar file and I will take a look.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

This is still an issue with latest release, but only when setting the Multi Directional Warp Greyscale node to anything more than 1 direction.

I checked this node and it seems to be working with multiple directions. Can you please try the sbsar file I have attached here.

Cheers,
Wes
Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:39:32 pm
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi Wes,

Just tried your sbsar and comes up as broken archive in Unity 2019.2.20f1 using the latest plugin from asset store (download a couple of weeks ago).

Thanks,
James H
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:47:46 pm

Hi Wes,

Just tried your sbsar and comes up as broken archive in Unity 2019.2.20f1 using the latest plugin from asset store (download a couple of weeks ago).

Thanks,
James H

Hi James,

I tried the sbsar with 2019.2.20f1 and it works on my end. I see from the screen shot you are using a very old version of the plugin 2.3.2. I think this is the issue. The latest version on the asset store is 2.5.1. I think you need to update the package in the asset store as its probably downloading a cached version.

Cheers,
WEs
the3dninja@adobe.com

Thanks Wes working now through a manual update of the plugin.