Author Topic: Post your feature requests in our Uservoice!  (Read 14444 times)

Hi all,

We now have a Uservoice system for you to enter feature requests and vote for other's.
This will give everyone a good overview of what has already been asked and what is currently being worked on.

Should sticky this in the substance designer feature requests forum as well.

I've used Uservoice before, but can't currently access it.

It says I need to log in.
When I click the sign in buttons, it takes me to my Allegorithmic account page (where I'm logged in), but Uservoice still insists that I need to log in!

Epi

I've used Uservoice before, but can't currently access it.

It says I need to log in.
When I click the sign in buttons, it takes me to my Allegorithmic account page (where I'm logged in), but Uservoice still insists that I need to log in!

Epi
This is fixed now as far as I can tell. I can login now.

Hi

i need 2d uv viewport  :-*with final output save as a single texture with high resolution.

thanks

Well... looking at the status of the Uservoice ideas I'd say you guys are not really reading/updating that any longer. Any other way to give you feedback/requests?

Well... looking at the status of the Uservoice ideas I'd say you guys are not really reading/updating that any longer. Any other way to give you feedback/requests?

Thats odd because from my persepective they seem to be doing a really good job at taking on board peoples requests and completing them.

Check this out - https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/filters/top Almost all top requests are either being worked on, under review, planned or completed.
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:41:08 pm

We are always monitoring Uservoice and updating it every month with in progress or planned features.
Uservoice is not our only source for feature requests though, we discuss with a lot of studios directly and their requests may not always be the same as the ones in Uservoice, so we balance our development taking both into account.
Also keep in mind that most of these top issues in Uservoice are pretty massive development wise, so they take time to build and add to the tool. Some are also started and put on the backburner for a while when something more critical comes up, managing priorities is far from straightforward :)
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:12:22 pm

I don't have any votes left so I can't add any more feature requests on uservoice. Is posting feature requests in this forum still useful?

Yes, also I believe you get your votes back when the feature you voted for gets implemented.

I used to use Uservoice before but can not access it right now. :P :P :P :P

Yes, also I believe you get your votes back when the feature you voted for gets implemented. 8) 8) 8)

Will GPU rendering for non NVidia cards ever be implemented, and will there ever be other render modes? IRay rendered by my CPU doesn't look that great. I have dual dedicated GPU with a total of 16Gb VRAM. I also have a quad core with 8 gpu on the die as compute cores and a total of 32Gb system RAM between them, but some textures still look crap after rendering. It's odd though that they look great in the editor.

Is there a way to create requests specifically for product APIs? I fear that I if I post requests for API updates, it may just get lost in the noise of general application feedback / requests, and would likely never be voted on as much as those general requests (since most users won't care about API features).

I was thinking exactly the same thing today. We can probably create one for applications scritping and the Substance Automation Toolkit.