Substance Launcher: failure to download

Author Topic: Substance Launcher: failure to download  (Read 5207 times)

Hi there,

I just installed Launcher to try and download and install some substance products! But I keep getting errors on download. However, i can't see any indication of what the problem is. Is there a log somewhere?

I've tried running this with admin and non-admin privileges. No luck.

Where can I find more information about what the download issue is? Thanks!

Hi

This is weird.
We released few days ago a major release 1.3-beta.
Can you retry?
If the issue persists you can export a log by clicking on the right top corner drop down and menu and click on Export Log and send it to us.
Thanks in advance

I have the same issue in linux mint.

The only error I can see in the export log is Error: Unknown or unsupported transport “disabled” for address “disabled:”

I couldn't upload the full log because I'm not with that machine at the moment

I have the same issue in linux mint.

The only error I can see in the export log is Error: Unknown or unsupported transport “disabled” for address “disabled:”

I couldn't upload the full log because I'm not with that machine at the moment

Complete layman here, but as far as I understand it, the Launcher won't do you much good on any distro that doesn't use *.rpm packages. Not for keeping your applications up-to-date, anyhow. It might work just fine as a Source interface.

It's been a while since I tried it on my Mint boot, but what happened when I tried to use the Launcher to install a version of Designer, Painter or Alchemist was that it would download the installer-*.rpm to my temp folder, but fail to execute it, as Mint/Ubuntu/Pop/Debian doesn't really know what to do with *.rpm packages. The installation aborts at that point, as far aus Launcher is concerned.
The installer does remain in the temp folder, however, so what you can do then is to "sudo alien --scripts PATH/to/RPM/INSTALLER.rpm" to convert it to a *.deb package and then install it by running that.

That being said, since all the Substance applications notify you of available updates on start-up anyhow, I just ditched the Launcher altogether. Especially since, at some point along the way it stopped detecting installed versions for me on Mint and pop!_OS, and wasn't any good for even just launching apps anymore either.