Author Topic: Substance materials are broken after execution 'Built-in support for Substance..  (Read 2484 times)

I'm trying to use the Substance plugin with Unity version 2019.1.6f1 but am encountering a problem where on 'Play' any imported materials are broken and Unity spits out the error message:
 'Assets/Materials/paper_glossy.sbsar: Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.
'
I am using the external importer from the Asset Store and have tried with a new project from scratch, but no matter what I do no material is useable.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to use the Substance plugin with Unity version 2019.1.6f1 but am encountering a problem where on 'Play' any imported materials are broken and Unity spits out the error message:
 'Assets/Materials/paper_glossy.sbsar: Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.
'
I am using the external importer from the Asset Store and have tried with a new project from scratch, but no matter what I do no material is useable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Can you please send me your project and I will take a look. You can email me direclty at wesm@adobe.com .

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Make sure your .NET compatibility is set to 4.0 for both editor and runtime, in the Unity project settings (under "Player").

I was banging my head against a wall trying to solve, not this exact problem, but one very similar, and I finally discovered this was the cause. I had upgraded the project from an earlier version of Unity and didn't realize it was still set to .NET 3.5.