Author Topic: V1.0 Exported Maps look Like a Mess!  (Read 2451 times)

When I export the maps in V1.0 they don't look clean at all they look really messy although they map correctly. It looks like a complete mess. Although they do map correctly there is something wrong here.

I cant send this to anyone for review or display them in a thumbnail for sale in the unity store cause people will think the UV's are a complete mess.

I have tried PNG, JPG, BMP, TGA, and they all export the same. All the exported channels have the same messy look to them. Gloss, Diff, Normal, ext.... Completely separate projects give the same results.
Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:14:06 am

Hi,

We replaced the previous diffusion post process by a dilation in 1.0 in order to fix seams issues. So what you see is normal, the dilation helps avoiding seams with mipmapping.

We'll add option for that in a future release.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Ok I understand it just looked wrong but it makes sense for seams.

If you have separate texture sets, what I usually do is use a mask from a source texture to fix issues like this... I was alarmed by this too until I used a mask in Substance Designer

like Nicolas said, this is normal and is used for bleeding on the seems.  You dont want to mask this out because when the texture mips down, you will get seems in the rendered image.  If you look at other 3d paint packages like Maris, they do the same thing.

like Nicolas said, this is normal and is used for bleeding on the seems.  You dont want to mask this out because when the texture mips down, you will get seems in the rendered image.  If you look at other 3d paint packages like Maris, they do the same thing.

If you are using a single texture set... this is okay... but I am using multiple texture sets... and it doesn't look good to me :( And I have to combine the final texture in SD
Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:17:10 pm

If you are using a single texture set... this is okay... but I am using multiple texture sets... and it doesn't look good to me :( And I have to combine the final texture in SD

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand the issue with texture sets. Each texture set is generating a set bitmaps that correspond to document channels. The textures are separate from each other and even though you have multiple texture sets, you still need the diffusion. Can you post a screen shot of the issue you have?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja