Author Topic: Just installed the demo and...painter freeze everytime  (Read 2738 times)

Hello

I just installed your demo and...painter freeze everytime i launch it.
I have a gtx275 with last nvidia driver
SSD + i7 4790 and 8Go

How can I fix it ?  ???

Thanks
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:33:34 pm

no idea?

or my CG is too old..?

Can you send us Painter's log ?
It's in "c:\User\<yournamehere>\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\log.txt"
(note that the AppData directory is hidden).

Also, make sure that Painter is running on your Nvidia graphics card and not on your CPU integrated graphics chip (you can set that in your graphics card control panel).

I deleted "Samples" folder and..weirdly..it's working!  ???

:)

I have exactly the same problem, and it's caused by the "Hans" resource sample being loaded by default. If you rename the folder containing Hans, he won't be loaded and you're good to go.

If Hans is loaded, the program will stop responding very quickly after startup (for some of us), and creating a new project while Hans is loaded will also make SP stop responding.

Additionally, while the painting process (painting, rotating, zooming, transforming, etc) is quite snappy, the GUI itself is very sluggish. Clicking on any control, e.g. changing brush size, causes a  2-3 seconds delay before the GUI responds. Do you have the same problem?

This makes me a bit wary of purchasing SP, since it seems not to be a common issue, and might not be fixed for a long time.

I have exactly the same problem, and it's caused by the "Hans" resource sample being loaded by default. If you rename the folder containing Hans, he won't be loaded and you're good to go.

If Hans is loaded, the program will stop responding very quickly after startup (for some of us), and creating a new project while Hans is loaded will also make SP stop responding.

Additionally, while the painting process (painting, rotating, zooming, transforming, etc) is quite snappy, the GUI itself is very sluggish. Clicking on any control, e.g. changing brush size, causes a  2-3 seconds delay before the GUI responds. Do you have the same problem?

This makes me a bit wary of purchasing SP, since it seems not to be a common issue, and might not be fixed for a long time.

Hi,

Can you please post your system specs? We can take a look as to why you are experiencing UI issues.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes.

My rig is somewhat old, but it still works fine for just about everything I throw at it. AIDA64 generates a lot more information, should you need it, but these are the bare essentials:
    Computer:
      Computer Type                                     ACPI x64-based PC
      Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
      OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 1
      DirectX                                           DirectX 11.0

Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          QuadCore Intel Core i7-920, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)
      Motherboard Name                                  Asus P6T Deluxe  (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x4, 3 PCI-E x16, 6 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
      Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Tylersburg X58, Intel Nehalem
      System Memory                                     12279 MB  (DDR3-1066 DDR3 SDRAM)

Display:
      Video Adapter                                     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260  (896 MB)
      Driver Date                                       02.07.2014
      Driver Version                                    9.18.13.4052 - nVIDIA ForceWare 340.52
      Driver Provider                                   NVIDIA

Hi,

I was about to purchase SP, but decided to try (again, last time was 0.3) so I've download it, installed and started...
after loading one model it freezed and filled up all 8GB of RAM I have.

the exact steps were:
- start
- New project
- load a mesh made of two cubes and 4 cylinders
- painted a bit on it, even to me the UI did become somewhat slow
- changed the mesh to another made by a single cube
... freezed :(

Please find attached two screenshot, two text files found in C:\Users\Fungostar\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter and the above two FBX.

My specs aren't anything special, NVidia card, 8GB a decent Core I7.

I hope you can replicate and fix the problem... if I can provide you something else, let me know.

currently I'm afraid of purchasing it, but there are only 2 days left before end of 31 Oct...

Kind Regards,
Valerio

Hi,

I was about to purchase SP, but decided to try (again, last time was 0.3) so I've download it, installed and started...
after loading one model it freezed and filled up all 8GB of RAM I have.

the exact steps were:
- start
- New project
- load a mesh made of two cubes and 4 cylinders
- painted a bit on it, even to me the UI did become somewhat slow
- changed the mesh to another made by a single cube
... freezed :(

Please find attached two screenshot, two text files found in C:\Users\Fungostar\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter and the above two FBX.

My specs aren't anything special, NVidia card, 8GB a decent Core I7.

I hope you can replicate and fix the problem... if I can provide you something else, let me know.

currently I'm afraid of purchasing it, but there are only 2 days left before end of 31 Oct...

Kind Regards,
Valerio

Hi Valerio,

I tested the meshes and didn't have any issues working with the files. I will have the devs take a look at your post. I can send you a Private Message and can still honor the pricing if it goes past the 31st.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

@zofty and @thoyem : Can you send us Painter's log file ?

Hi Wes,

I tried one solution found in the forum...

the problem is caused by the demo scene called Hans which is loaded by default, removed it from the installation path made SP start with a blank project and didn't had any issue afterwards. Seems that switching projects and then meshes causes a major headache :)

In my local time, the Steam offer expired 30 minutes ago :D

Kind Regards,
Val

@zofty and @thoyem : Can you send us Painter's log file ?

Hi Cyrille.

Sorry, I've missed where we're supposed to send the logs to.

You can just post it here, or email me or send it to me as a private message (see the icons on the left hand side of this message).
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:00:47 am

Guys,

even if I can't purchase it anymore, your commitment to the customer is astonishingly awesome... keep on !

See you again at the Steam Xmas sales :)

Kind Regards,
Val

Hi Cyrille.
As posted on the forums, my main issue at the moment is that while the actual painting process is fairly smooth, the interface itself is very slow for me. Changing a control, e.g. Brush Size, incurs a delay of 2-3 seconds each time I click a control.
Additionally, I have the same problem as others have described, where the default Hans model makes the program stop responding.

Edit: Doh! I just realized you can add attachments to the post.  ???
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:07:01 pm