Author Topic: Crashes during rendering phase on some substances  (Read 963 times)

Hi! I seem to be having random crashes trying to open some substances on Substance Designer, and other materials open just fine. I'm not sure why it's happening, but I've picked out a single substance I have that I know will crash at a specific point every time, except I can't decipher why it would be crashing.

I've pasted the logfile below, my specs are also posted below:

Lenovo Yoga Flex 6
Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.8GHz, Boost to 3.40GHz
16384MB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce MX 130 2GB / Intel UHD 620

Thank you in advance for helping me out!

Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:00:36 am

Hi,

According to your log file it seems your graphic card has outdated driver. It means Designer can't use it to open your graphs.
Try to update your graphic card driver, it should solve your problem.
It's available here if you want : https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/147966/en-us

Thanks   
QA Analyst

Thank you for the reply and looking into the issue!

That didn't seem to do the trick. I've attached the new log file after the crash in the same place.
Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:30:30 pm

Hi Tendercrisp,

It seems there is no log file attached in your last message :)
Since it's a crash, can you send a crash report ?
Our crash reporter sends a very useful file called callstack witch is a sort of screenshot of what Designer was doing when it stopped.
This is for us, the only way to investigate correctly on a crash and there is no way to get this file except to use the crash report system.
All you have to do is to fill the description field with something like : 'problem already reported on the forum' this way I will know it's you.
And use a valid mail address if you want me to be able to answer you ! :)

Thanks !
QA Analyst