Author Topic: WebSocketSharp Conflict.  (Read 1007 times)

I am working on upgrading to 'Unity 2018.4.2'. I tried removing your websocket sharp plugin, but your project does not seem to be able to read the version imported by Smart Fox. I'm not able to remove the version of WebSocket from SmartFox because it is embedded in their .dll. Any suggestions?

Assets\Allegorithmic\Plugins\Substance\Livelink\Editor\Scripts\MeshLinkEditor.cs(21,33): error CS0433: The type 'WebSocket' exists in both 'SmartFox2X, Version=1.7.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.29661, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e'

Perhaps you could use this extern alias approach? This could be something to explore: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ansonh/2006/09/27/extern-alias-walkthrough/

Perhaps you could use this extern alias approach? This could be something to explore: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ansonh/2006/09/27/extern-alias-walkthrough/

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the late response. I am speaking with the dev team about this issue. We will be completely reworking the live link functionality. Indeed it's a known issue with the websocket conflict. I can add you to our private Unity beta if you are interested. Please let me know : )

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes. That would be interesting. For now I've had to remove the Allegorithmic plugin.

I am getting this error as well on a fresh import of Substance applying a single material to the scene.

I have tried to reinstall the plugin and the error is consistent.

I'm using Unity Version 2018.4.1f1

Assets\Allegorithmic\Plugins\Substance\Livelink\Editor\Scripts\MeshLinkEditor.cs(21,33): error CS0433: The type 'WebSocket' exists in both 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.29661, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e' and 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.59611, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e'

I am getting this error as well on a fresh import of Substance applying a single material to the scene.

I have tried to reinstall the plugin and the error is consistent.

I'm using Unity Version 2018.4.1f1

Assets\Allegorithmic\Plugins\Substance\Livelink\Editor\Scripts\MeshLinkEditor.cs(21,33): error CS0433: The type 'WebSocket' exists in both 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.29661, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e' and 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.59611, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e'

Are you using any other packages from the asset store?

Cheers,
Wes

Hi Wes,

I am using
 - Oculus Integration
 - Bolt Multiplayer Networking
 - TextMesh Pro

After deeper examination I noticed this AM that all my text Mesh Pro gameobjects are all broken following importing Substance for Unity.

The error that TextMesh is showing is a warning

"The referenced script (TMPro.TextMeshPro) on this Behaviour is missing!"

and

"Could not create a custom UI for the shader 'TextMeshPro/Mobile/Distance Field'. The shader has the following: 'CustomEditor = TMPro.EditorUtilities.TMP_SDFShaderGUI'. Does the custom editor specified include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

I can add new Text Mesh Pro Game Objects just fine, just all the objects I had before importing substance are all showing that error.

I have removed the substance plugin which has removed the compile error for substance but not repaired the text mesh pro objects. (thankfully they were all temp anyways).
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:01:10 pm

Hi Wes,

I am using
 - Oculus Integration
 - TextMesh Pro

After deeper examination I noticed this AM that all my text Mesh Pro gameobjects are all broken following importing Substance for Unity.

and
"Could not create a custom UI for the shader 'TextMeshPro/Mobile/Distance Field'. The shader has the following: 'CustomEditor = TMPro.EditorUtilities.TMP_SDFShaderGUI'. Does the custom editor specified include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?

I can add new Text Mesh Pro Game Objects just fine, just all the objects I had before importing substance are all showing that error.

I have removed the substance plugin which has removed the compile error for substance but not repaired the text mesh pro objects. (thankfully they were all temp anyways).

Hi Wes,

I am using
 - Oculus Integration
 - TextMesh Pro

and

Hi

Thank you for this information. We will check into this. Just to make sure I understand, is the following correct?

1. You have text mesh pro installed to your unity project.
2. Import Substance plugin breaks text mesh pro.

However, if you have substance installed first and then add text mesh pro, it will work?

Cheers,
Wes

Hi Wes,

I removed Text Mesh Pro and I am still getting this error when I install substance integration from the Unity Asset Store.
Assets\Allegorithmic\Plugins\Substance\Livelink\Editor\Scripts\MeshLinkEditor.cs(21,33): error CS0433: The type 'WebSocket' exists in both 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.59611, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e' and 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.29661, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e'

The only plugins in my project now are.
 - Oculus Integration

Thank you
-Adam

Hi Wes,

I removed Text Mesh Pro and I am still getting this error when I install substance integration from the Unity Asset Store.
Assets\Allegorithmic\Plugins\Substance\Livelink\Editor\Scripts\MeshLinkEditor.cs(21,33): error CS0433: The type 'WebSocket' exists in both 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.59611, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e' and 'websocket-sharp, Version=1.0.2.29661, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5660b08a1845a91e'

The only plugins in my project now are.
 - Oculus Integration

Thank you
-Adam

Hi Adam,

We have a conflict with the websocket we used. If there is another plugin that uses the same websocket it will produce this error. I must be in Oculus Integration or Bolt Multiplayer Networking. In a future update, we are going to remove the live link from our plugin and you will no longer need to worry about these conflicts. As a workaround, you can remove the live link folder from our plugin under Allegorithmic>Substance>LiveLink.

Cheers,
Wes

Thank you Wes,

Removing the LiveLink Folder cleared the web socket error.  I will make a note to keep an eye out for the future releases, thanks!

-Adam