Author Topic: Specular workflow is not working.  (Read 3865 times)

When I export textures with v1.0, all specular related textures are exported with almost white texture - 36kb in size. It used to work just fine until the v1.0 upgrade, does anyone know what is going on?

I am attaching a diffuse map (correctly exported) and a specgloss map (incorrectly exported). Hope that helps.

When I export textures with v1.0, all specular related textures are exported with almost white texture - 36kb in size. It used to work just fine until the v1.0 upgrade, does anyone know what is going on?

I am attaching a diffuse map (correctly exported) and a specgloss map (incorrectly exported). Hope that helps.

Did you use the Unity 5 preset or just the spec / gloss export? I think the export could be correct. It is converting from a metal rough workflow to spec gloss PBR. So in this case, it looks like you have a non metal texture based on what I see from the diffuse texture you posted. In metal/rough, this would be a 4% (0.04) reflectance value for dielectric material which would result in the map that you have posted. The glossiness map is what breaks up the specular.

I checked the map and it looks like your specular has transparency in the channels. However, the value is the same as what I get when I export. Its 59 sRGB (.231), but the value should be interpreted as linear for a specular map. This would then make the value to be (59/255)^ 2.2 = 0.04.

Cheers,

Wes
Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:31:34 pm
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I don't think that is what is happening. Here is what I got after clean reinstall of DP and brick texture that came with v1.0

I am attaching all the textures for your reference. Anything Spec related is basically getting a blank texture (check the size of the texture compared to others)

I have a ATI 7950.

That's correct. Non metals have a low uniform specular value. Homogenous textures compress well so that's why they're so small.