Author Topic: Substance Plugin 1.1.0 doesn't work with MODO 801  (Read 11295 times)

Hi Wes I installed the new 801 plugin but the menu is now greyed out. Unable to load substances. Am I missing something?
Using 2.0.0-b11

Brad

Hi Wes I installed the new 801 plugin but the menu is now greyed out. Unable to load substances. Am I missing something?
Using 2.0.0-b11

Brad

Hi Brad,

The latest build should be B10. Did you download from this link? http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,2296.0.html

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Tried it but still greyed out. Uninstalled and deleted the entire SubstanceKit2 folder, reinstalled but still no joy.
Any suggestions?
Running windows 7, 801SP2

Tried it but still greyed out. Uninstalled and deleted the entire SubstanceKit2 folder, reinstalled but still no joy.
Any suggestions?
Running windows 7, 801SP2

Hi Brad,

I will check with developers. I'm not sure why that is happening. I can't reproduce it here.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Brad,

the greyed out menu can mean modo was not able to load the plugin or there are artefacts remaining in the modo config file.

You can try to deactivate/activate the plugin [System > Kit Toggle Enable > SubstancePlugin]

Else rename modo801.cfg within AppData\Roaming\Luxology. Modo will create a new fresh configuration.
If this works, remove every line related to substance in the original modo801.cfg file and rename in back.

Good luck :-)
-- Damien

I have yet to get either B10 or B11 to work with my laptop.  I deleted the 701 substance plugin and loaded Substance2 for 801.  Everytime I click on create substance I get the same response I got when 801 tried to use the 701 plugin.  It just crashes.  I'm running Modo 801 SP2 on Windows 8.1.

I have yet to get either B10 or B11 to work with my laptop.  I deleted the 701 substance plugin and loaded Substance2 for 801.  Everytime I click on create substance I get the same response I got when 801 tried to use the 701 plugin.  It just crashes.  I'm running Modo 801 SP2 on Windows 8.1.

Have you tried to create a new config?  You can rename modo801.cfg within AppData\Roaming\Luxology. Modo will create a new fresh configuration.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Thank you, Wes.  I deleted the MODO801.CFG and was able to get Substance to work.  BTW, big fan of your tutorials.  My first encounter was Character Rigging in Modo on CMIVFX.  Well done.  Your videos for SD and SP are helping me to get up to speed on both.

Thank you, Wes.  I deleted the MODO801.CFG and was able to get Substance to work.  BTW, big fan of your tutorials.  My first encounter was Character Rigging in Modo on CMIVFX.  Well done.  Your videos for SD and SP are helping me to get up to speed on both.

Thanks very much! That is very cool to hear. Makes my day : )

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi guys sorry been on leave.
Yes deleting the .cfg file did the trick! Thanks for the help!