Author Topic: Getting a sharper paint edge (AA issue) need help  (Read 1524 times)

Hi everyone,

as in the pictures attached, i am trying to paint a very clean hard edge but i keep on getting jagged edges. i tried to increase the resolution to 4096 and even importing my mesh at a very high resolution (5mil polygons).

the brush i used to paint is a default brush and (hardness, spacing) set to 1. how can i overcome this.

Thank you all!!!!! =)

We lack some anti-alising for the moment when painting with any stroke. That's something we want to address.

I would suggest creating a custom alpha shape in an other software and making it hard (like a plain circle) but with a little soft border (like a blur along 3/4 pixels). It should help a bit.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you!! hope to see that feature soon

Thank you!! hope to see that feature soon

Another thing that can help it to make sure that the UVs have enough texel resolution meaning that the UVs will provide enough of the pixels from the document resolution.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja