Author Topic: Multiple UVs are being combined into one  (Read 1438 times)

I created a 3d weapon that has many separate objects. When I open it in Substance Painter it combines all the UVs of all the meshes into one. I only have one texture set showing up, yet when I do the exact same process for a different mesh with separate objects it automatically creates different texture sets which in turn keeps the UVs of each object separate.  I tried to bake the maps in Substance Designer and it combined them all as well but it notices the different objects. What am I doing wrong here?

I created a 3d weapon that has many separate objects. When I open it in Substance Painter it combines all the UVs of all the meshes into one. I only have one texture set showing up, yet when I do the exact same process for a different mesh with separate objects it automatically creates different texture sets which in turn keeps the UVs of each object separate.  I tried to bake the maps in Substance Designer and it combined them all as well but it notices the different objects. What am I doing wrong here?

Hi,

You need to make sure that the separate meshes also have a separate materials as well.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja