Author Topic: MacOS Beta Feedback  (Read 3132 times)

A couple of notes from the initial beta on MacOS. I'm running on a MacBook Pro 2018, Mojave 10.14.3:
1. When the main window is closed, the dock icon should be removed since it stays running in the upper tray area. This is pretty standard, but you could allow it to be configured in launcher preferences.
2. Hitting Cmd+W should close the main Window; it does not.
3. When downloading the very first file from Source, would be nice to be prompted for the default download location. I suspect most people won't want these in their Downloads folder.
4. There's nowhere to see download status for installations of Painter/Designer/Alchemist?
5. I find the hover effect on the news images very distracting and it sometimes truncates the text. Perhaps a different hover effect like emboss/highlight color/etc.?
6. Would love the option to set .SBS as the default for Source downloads vs. SBSAR - or even both!?
7. Notification pane Clear All/Mark as Read should be at the top IMO; that's where the controls for the rest of the application are...
8. Option to change the preview shape in Source to a cube or plane would be useful. Many substances look odd on a sphere.
9. The tray icon should provide direct access to Painter, Designer and Alchemist on the drop-down pane.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:22:54 am

Thank you very much for your feedback. Roger that!

>>1. When the main window is closed, the dock icon should be removed since it stays running in the upper tray area. This is pretty standard, but you could allow it to be configured in launcher preferences.
Good input

>>2. Hitting Cmd+W should close the main Window; it does not.
Indeed, good feedback

>>3. When downloading the very first file from Source, would be nice to be prompted for the default download location. I suspect most people won't want these in their Downloads folder.
it is indicated in the notification center

>>4. There's nowhere to see download status for installations of Painter/Designer/Alchemist?
There is a progress bar in the Launcher but we could add it also in the notification center.

>>5. I find the hover effect on the news images very distracting and it sometimes truncates the text. Perhaps a different hover effect like emboss/highlight color/etc.?
ok thanks

>>6. Would love the option to set .SBS as the default for Source downloads vs. SBSAR - or even both!?
interesting. From now it will remain with the option to choose but why not in the future to add an option in the settings.

>>7. Notification pane Clear All/Mark as Read should be at the top IMO; that's where the controls for the rest of the application are...
Indeed it is difficult to find it.

>>8. Option to change the preview shape in Source to a cube or plane would be useful. Many substances look odd on a sphere.
thanks good proposal

>>9. The tray icon should provide direct access to Painter, Designer and Alchemist on the drop-down pane.
That I do not understand it, from tray you can launch the different SWs.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:55:10 am

I may have been on a very early/broken release. Items 3 and 9 are working fine in 1.2.2-beta.6153 now. Note: opening about box while downloading caused Substance Launcher to crash on me (Mac build 1.2.2-beta.6153).

10. I think Apple developer requirements mandate that you put an 'About' option in the Title menu; I only see Quit.

Hi if you click on your name on the title bar, right top corner, there is a drop down menu appearing with several menu access, like the about menu.