Author Topic: Substance Material goes pink from custom Unity package  (Read 1364 times)

Hi everyone,

So I was using the unity substance plugin and downloaded a few materials from the substance source (in engine) to drag and drop into my scene. Everything looks fine and great. But when I package my scene and send it to my client. All the materials appears pink once it was imported to another project.

(before exporting the package)

(after importing the package to another project)

I also got this error message for each material used in the scene.

If anyone experience the same thing and know how to fix this issue would be highly appriciated!
Thanks in advance

What version of Unity are you using? Your client must be using version 2018.1+, which removed built-in support for substance. The console error explains the issue. The person opening your package probably doesn't have the substance plugin installed in their project. It's on the asset store. Have them download it.

Maybe you're still using Unity 2017, which still had substance support? Or maybe you installed the substance plugin without remembering it.
Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:47:29 am

Hi everyone,

So I was using the unity substance plugin and downloaded a few materials from the substance source (in engine) to drag and drop into my scene. Everything looks fine and great. But when I package my scene and send it to my client. All the materials appears pink once it was imported to another project.

(before exporting the package)

(after importing the package to another project)

I also got this error message for each material used in the scene.

If anyone experience the same thing and know how to fix this issue would be highly appriciated!
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Would you be able to share the project with us to take a look? Please go to the Substance menu at the top of the UI and check the about window to get the version number.

Does the client have the Substance in Unity plugin installed? From the description, it sounds like perhaps they don't have the plugin, so the materials are not being rendered.

Cheers,
Wes

Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:52:05 pm
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

What version of Unity are you using? Your client must be using version 2018.1+, which removed built-in support for substance. The console error explains the issue. The person opening your package probably doesn't have the substance plugin installed in their project. It's on the asset store. Have them download it.

Maybe you're still using Unity 2017, which still had substance support? Or maybe you installed the substance plugin without remembering it.

im using 2019.1.5, the pink material happens to me when I test it out myself. The substance plugin is inside the package

I have the plugin included in the unity package, do I have to package the plugin seperately? or just dont put plugin in the package at all and get the client to download it before they import the package.

the version number is 2.3.2 (beta)

link to the package downlaod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hXG_6FNaNzLwu-poWb5bYxgHHUld_MHy