Author Topic: Maya Rendering Workflows  (Read 6772 times)

Here you can find information about how to setup renders using textures exported from Substance Painter. The same material setups apply for substance materials as well.

If you are using a substance (metallic workflow), you can use the basecolor_metallic_roughness_converter found in the PBR Utilities to convert to the textures for use with V-Ray, Arnold, Corona and Redshift.

V-Ray

Arnold

Mental Ray

Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:32:52 pm
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

which document shows the proper way to attach maps for redshift export from substance painter?

which document shows the proper way to attach maps for redshift export from substance painter?

Hi,

We don't have the Redshift docs yet. I'll work on this very soon.

Cheers,
Wes

Have you got an export solution for Mental rays mdl materials in maya 2017.I have seen the video for exporting to mila materials (complicated) and wondered if you have something similar for mdl

Many thanks  Richard

Have you got an export solution for Mental rays mdl materials in maya 2017.I have seen the video for exporting to mila materials (complicated) and wondered if you have something similar for mdl

Many thanks  Richard

Hi Richard,

We are testing the mental ray MDL material with Substance Designer created MDLs but at this time it's not working. I am checking with NVidia to see the cause. I think it's related to the MDL version supported in the MDL Material for mental ray.

Cheers,
Wes

thanks Wes,

Post a solution when you have it.

many thanks

Great news! :)
Mental ray now have GGX BRDF model as an option in MILA.
Cheers, D
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

Hi there. The new Arnold render engine is here. Arnold 5.
The biggest change is the new shader system, and yes it's using Albedo/Metallic workflow. :)
Cheers, D
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

Any suggestions on how to export for use with AL shaders for Arnold?

Any suggestions on how to export for use with AL shaders for Arnold?

Hi,

Are you referring to the surface shader? We are adding presets for this shader and will update the docs soon.

Cheers,
Wes

Hello Wes,

Has the Substance plugin for Maya 2017 Mac OSX been tested and confirmed to work? I could not get it to work when I tried it some months ago, it seemed to be faulty.

May want to try this..
https://gumroad.com/l/fTRFN

Depending on what renderer your using the beta may work for you too.
In my case i can.. i'm using Maya 2018 with substance and v-ray as my renderer
This supports most of the renderers out there.. so it rocks.