Author Topic: Water Filter - Crash on use  (Read 19313 times)

This may be an issue specific to me, because their hasn't been an update, pre loaded water filter seems to just crash as soon as i apply it.
 Doesn't matter how simple the current workflow is, app will just white screen.

i have tried to uninstall / re-install

unfortunately to no avail.

last 3 log file entries are pretty much today's attempt at this ( if it shows an attempt)

Cheers

Just a random shot - did you try to clean up the cache ?

Just a random shot - did you try to clean up the cache ?

Hey Nicky, sorry for the delayed response.

The bug for me was apparent before I knew  about the CPU cache.

I have since updated to the latest build, still the same because the filter hasn't been changed. It's a really strange one because I believe it's specific to me, not that I've done anything since I've first used it.

Appreciate the support though

I'm still having this issue unfortunately

As i stated above to nicky the dev, i cleared cache 'AFTER' the problem first occured

the annoying part is that it doesnt come up on the log.
 after reinstall i cant use it the filter at all either, so i guess this is based on another file within the substance directory

This is something really weird.

On previous version, did you modify/add/delete anything C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources ?
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

This is something really weird.

On previous version, did you modify/add/delete anything C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources ?

Hi @Baptiste Manteau, thanks for the reply, sorry that I took so long getting back.

I've only added custom filters in C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources\assets\Filters
the built-in ones are all there and untouched also.
https://imgur.com/GDTx6KP

Can you check that the Water filter is in the categories.json file? like this
"Water": "Weathering"

Also I'm gonna send you in your email address the root file of Water to try to replace it in your ProgramFiles and see how it goes
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

Can you check that the Water filter is in the categories.json file? like this
"Water": "Weathering"

Also I'm gonna send you in your email address the root file of Water to try to replace it in your ProgramFiles and see how it goes

Hi Baptiste,
Thanks for the email, in responding to it, I didn't see this message but I'd like to confirm yes the JSON file is as you've stated :)

i did also find this, if it may be of any use.
Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:55:09 pm

So I've had some success, finally.
A slight caveat though.

I can load the Water.sbsar ONLY when loading it as a custom filter, it appears to be the same for some other, general custom filters, which is fine to be fair, it's just a shame that I have to use the load custom function more frequently, cause id normally test ones I make in designer and then if they work, i'll plug them in at the file root for filters.

Thanks for all of your support with this Baptiste, I super appreciate it.