Author Topic: [SOLVED] Value Processor & subgraph resolution problem / bug.  (Read 65 times)

An interesting new prospect of the value processors is that we can now combine relative to parent values with absolute values. I've been trying to use this to adjust nodes' absolute resolution that is capped by the graph resolution.

This works like a charm, until I use the graph as a child. In some cases it works for a moment but after a while the child node suddenly outputs an image that appears downsized.

In the example in this gif(https://imgur.com/a/EbCwT7H), I can only get a completetly downscaled result, but like I said, in a previous attempt it would work temporarily so it's a bit inconsistent.

Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:47:19 pm
Esger van der Post.
Game design student and texturing addict.

Hello Eggfruit,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, as well as providing assets and an example. This was very helpful!

We we able to consistently reproduce the unexpected behaviour, and identified the source of the problem.

It appears inherited values (such ass $size, $sizelog2, $pixelsize, etc.) are not processed correctly in instanced graphs. This information has been passed along to the development team.

We will get back to you when a fix to this problem is implemented in a future release of Substance Designer. For your information, you can follow up on new features and fixes by taking a look at the release notes, available here.

We thank you for your help and patience!

Best regards,
Luca Giarrizzo
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team
Allegorithmic

That's good to hear. Thanks Luca.
Esger van der Post.
Game design student and texturing addict.