Author Topic: Substance Painter crashing with basic actions  (Read 1306 times)

Hello,

I have just recently downloaded Substance Painter onto my laptop. I believe the laptop has the necessary specifications; Its processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz and has the minimum of 8 GB RAM. It is using Windows 10 with a 64-bit operating system. I have also followed the guide on changing the TDR to 60. However, I can never use substance painter for very long because it will just crash- such as when adding a fill layer, when dragging a smart material onto the object. I also am finding a problem of not being able to see any color or texture on the object. It just stays grey. Even when applying a smart material does work- the object looks no different. I have sent two bug reports so far.

I was following along in a video and when the person in the video imported his object it looked clean and ready to be painted.

However when I uploaded the same object it looks odd, patchy and uneven. not a very good canvas to start with. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the textures and color not being able to apply to the mesh. The mesh just continues to appear as the picture shows.   

So in conclusion I have two problems- crashing while performing the most basic actions, and not even being able to see a texture change in the model when the actions do happen to work. :-\

The problem has been frustrating since I have used this program before and have loved all that it can do with textures.

You are running on an integrated Intel GPU which is not known to create this kind of problems unfortunately. A dedicated GPU is recommended to be able to work properly.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.