Author Topic: SD becomes unresponsive in the middle of opening SBS after Windows Update Reboot  (Read 443 times)

I stepped away from my computer for a break during which Windows Update restarted my computer. I attempted to reopen the graph I was working on at the time but Designer just stops functioning after a few moments. I have been able to open other graphs, but so far the one I'm currently working with won't, and none of the autosaves will open either. I've gone as far as reinstalling Designer and resetting the UI to make sure it's not trying to reopen an off screen viewport (which has been the cause of a number of start up crashes).

If I try to attach the file, my post won't go through so I'll have to put it on Google Drive or something if someone wants to try opening it. On the other hand, I'm finding out that other files are not opening. The ones that open are off of Share. It seems to be just my own files that lock up SD.
David Roberson
Freelance 2D|3D Artist

Auburn CA, United States of America
davidbryanroberson.artstation.com

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order for us to investigate this issue further, you can send the SBS files that appear to trigger the freezes, along with their dependencies.

To package all these resources, go in the Explorer panel in Substance Designer, right-click on your Package and select ‘Export with dependencies…’). We recommend checking the option ‘Build archive’ in order to create a ZIP file for simple transfer. This operation will only be possible for packages that you are able to open in Substance Designer.

As for sending us all these resources, Google Drive or WeTransfer links will work just fine for us.

We thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Luca Giarrizzo
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team