Author Topic: Mass export SBS files to SBSAR  (Read 127 times)

Let's say I have a folder with 100 .sbs files. How could I export all to .sbsars without manually opening them one by one in Designer?

You can use the Substance Automation Toolkit. If you have an Indie license, the SAT can be downloaded from your account, if you have a pro or studio version, the SAT is a separate license.

Oh great, I'll look into it, thanks!

I'm sorry but I can not figure out how this command line tool is supposed to work. I don't understand why the documentation doesn't provide any examples...

I've tried the following commands:
sbscooker.exe *.sbs --inputs "D:\Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\shelf\materials" --includes "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\resources\packages"

sbscooker.exe *.* --inputs "D:\Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\shelf\materials" --includes "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\resources\packages"

sbscooker.exe --inputs "D:\Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\shelf\materials\*.*" --includes "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\resources\packages"

But I keep getting error messages like:
[ERROR][SBSCooker]I/O Error: cannot find package (...)
[ERROR][SBSCooker](Error 6) Cannot open the package
[ERROR][SBSCooker](Error 8) The package list is empty
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Cooking fail [Error 8]

Since this stuff fails I couldn't get around to find out how to use this alias whatever to set more than one include folder.

Could you please provide an example how to use this sbscooker.exe?

You shouldn't need to add any include unless you use multiple custom libraries in Designer.

The command line won't allow you to batch cook in one call though, you'll have to write a small script (python or any language you like) that loops through all your assets in your folder and call the command for each.

Something to the likes of:
Code: [Select]
for each substance in folder {
    call sbscooker.exe substance.sbs
}

Thank you I understand it now.

For the Directory Opus users out there the following command in a custom button will cook the selected files in the current lister:

"C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\sbscooker.exe" --inputs {filepath} --output-path {inputPath} --includes "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\resources\packages" @nodeselect