Author Topic: Installation Error-Mac OS 10.9.4  (Read 1549 times)

Hi, new here. I've put in a bug report but have yet to receive a response after 3 days. I cannot install SP 1.0.0.492 on my Mac Pro, OS 10.9.4. I purchased the Indie Package and have had no issues with SD4 or B2M 3, but SD just won't install. I have 48 GB RAM and plenty of HD space. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Do you get an error message during Install?

Yes. See attachment.

This could be a permissions error I would try and do a disk repair and check your permissions and then reboot. The installer isn't code signed but it still installed fine on my Mac running Yosemite. Another obvious one is to use a clean up app and properly remove the old version before installing as the /Library files etc. can get confused with permissions too and some files get locked.
As I said it works fine here so I would suspect your system is not happy with some permissions, good luck.
Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group

Thanks for the suggestion. Ran Disk Utility, then just upgraded to 10.9.5 (not sure if that made a difference, but anyway) and re-downloaded the package installer. Installed completely. Now just need to figure out how to use it! Thanks again.

Glad to help all the best :)
Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group