Author Topic: Texture Sets configuration file names  (Read 451 times)

Hi.

Is possible for Substance to remember the configuration texture name by session? At the moment every time, I readjust a texture at the export time I have to manually add the name of the file. The configuration keeps the file texture name from the previous version. Is possible to avoid this?

Cheers!
CG generalist at @digi_fix animation studio located in Osaka, Japan.

The export configuration is saved in a configuration preset file, which can itself be saved in a template (File > Save as Template). If you modify the naming pattern, you can either save that as a new export preset, or save the global state of paitner as a Template and selecting it next time you create a new project.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

And this works when moving through different projects? In my mind, each project should keep the exported texture name and not the ones from a previous session, is confusing.

I will check the Save as Template option.

You can save your file as a new export preset

Thanks for the reply.

But the export presets save the name of the file. Is very useful and I have many.

Basically, I want to avoid retyping the name of a texture file if the texture needs an update, little time saver, then I just drop the file to my server and I know for sure it will be updated.

not sure if I follow you 100% but would you by chance find it useful to set "$" tags in your export preset? for example having it say $project_normalMap that way your texture exports as "dragon_normalMap" (if your save file name is "dragon" for example).
This way the same export preset works in many projects and you don't have to rename it every time

Nice.

Yes, that is it! I totally forgot the $project tag. Thanks! work like a charm!  :)