Author Topic: Does ShapeExtrude Height as parameter work in UE4 4.22 ?  (Read 1130 times)

I'm using a ShapeExtrude node, with ExtrudeHeight 0-1 range that works fine as parameter in substance (when the graph is dragged into another graph for example).

When exporting the subsar and importing that to UE4, the slider for ExtrudeHeight doesn't seem to effect the material the texture from the subsar is applied in as a param2D.

Other substances I've made and imported previously still work, so I'm wondering if that node is not performing.

This is the substance with the parameter in question if anyone wants to test it out in UE4.

If there's another way to create something like this, which uses different operation to drive the effect, I'd appreciate pointers.
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:04:03 pm

Using a Print String from the slider value on LMB click, the Level BP seems to indicate the Substance instance is updating when called, but it doesn't effect the material at all.

If there's another way to create something like this, which uses different operation to drive the effect, I'd appreciate pointers.

Hi,

Instead of using the shape extrude, you can use a uniform color and transform. This should make the graph compute faster. I attached an sbs that takes the uniform color and a transform to make the vertical wipe. There is a new parameter called vertical wipe which drives a Y offset of the transform node. In that function, I am doing a linear interpolation from 2 values to produce the range of the wipe similar to what you had with the shape extrude.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks Wes
About the UE4 part - was I right to query about the ShapeExtrude node param not working there? Or might it be something else?

I'm going to try out your alt version. I only read the substance performant tips today, so that's a great help. Cheers.
[yep, that works great]

Performance tips [https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/sddoc/performance-optimization-guidelines-102400075.html]
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:35:56 am